PM Skills®: Interpersonal Skills for Project Leaders
Successful project leaders understand that, to help their teams meet their objectives, they'll need to employ solid leadership and interpersonal skills that aid and empower the team's members. They'll have to apply sound delegation and facilitation strategies that allow the project staff to stay focused and remain on task. They'll need to make use of strong conflict resolution and negotiations training to address any issues that could hinder team production. And they'll have to demonstrate ethical leadership and compliance qualities that project participants can look to to guide their decisions and actions.
This self-paced, fully online course will help learners explore the key leadership and interpersonal skill set project leaders use to oversee projects and organize teams successfully. They'll get an overview of the behaviors that support project management, which will allow them to productively address problems, keep teams on track, and build trust among their coworkers, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- PMI PDUs: 3
- Leadership PDUs: 1.75
- Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 0.75
- Technical PM PDUs: 0.5
- IACET CEUs: 0.3
- HRCI Credits: 3
- Specified - Strategic Business: 3
- SHRM PDCs: 3
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Describe the skills that project leaders use to support project performance.
- Apply and evolve team leadership strategies to ensure effective team guidance.
- Demonstrate how delegated authority can enhance project execution and production.
- Explain how empowerment can help teams achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
- Identify how servant leadership allows project teams to meet objectives and reach their full potential.
- Employ facilitation techniques that will aid in decision-making and meeting management.
- Summarize negotiation strategies that will result in winning outcomes for all parties.
- Implement tools and techniques to resolve organizational conflict.
- Understand the role that ethical conduct and responsibility play in effective team management and leadership.