A 2022 survey by AHIP determined that 56% of employees will make the decision to leave or stay at an organization based on their health benefits. Medical benefits can not only impact retention, but also internal and external perception, rates of absenteeism, and financial repercussions.
We will review questions such as: which group health plan can best support an organization's strategic goals? What options are available to ensure the medical-related benefits included are a good fit for your employees? How can HR executives help design a benefits plan in order to address all aspects of employee health, including mental health?
This course will guide you in designing, implementing, evaluating, and adjusting your organizational medical benefit plan to meet specific goals.
- IACET CEUs: 0.4
- HRCI Credits: 4
- SHRM PDCs: 4
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Evaluate an organization's benefit philosophy
- Compare different group health plan structures
- Explore how to select benefit plans related to health and wellness
- Explain how to maximize the strategic impact of benefits packages on achieving an organization's goals
- Cite strategies for managing employee benefits risks
- Identify the responsibilities of benefits managers and employee assistance professionals
- Explore tax deductions and legislation related to providing medical coverage
- Explore evidence-based programs that support mental health initiatives