Welcome to the Meeting Management workshop. You are on your first project, and you have to organize and manage the project kick-off meeting. What do you do first? Do you create the agenda or the invitation list? How do you run a meeting? What preparation do you need? All of these are valid and real questions you, as the meeting manager, must address. There is no doubt about it, meetings require skill and technique in order for the meeting to achieve its purpose. Disorganized and poorly managed meetings waste time and hurt your credibility as a meeting manager. Consistently leaving a poor impression on the attendees will haunt you if left unchecked.
This training course is designed to give you the basic tools you will need to initiate and manage your meetings. You will learn planning and leadership techniques that will give you the confidence to run an engaging meeting that will leave a positive and lasting impression. This is a hands-on workshop, and your participation will help make it a valuable experience. Use this time to begin the process of developing your techniques to improve your meeting management skills.
- Planning and preparing
- Identifying the participants
- How to choose the time and place
- How to create the agenda
- How to set up the meeting space
- How to incorporate electronic options
- Meeting roles and responsibilities
- How to use an agenda
- How to chair a meeting
- How to deal with disruptions
- How to professionally deal with personality conflicts
- How to take minutes
- How to make the most of your meeting using games, activities and prizes