This course covers the legal topic of Torts, the law of torts pertains to injuries against one's person or property.
The law of torts pertains to injuries against one's person or property. This course provides an overview of torts such as trespass, false imprisonment, defamation, nuisance, assault, battery, negligence and misrepresentation. You will also learn the elements of individual torts, such as intentional torts and negligence, are examined from a black letter law perspective.
- Types of Torts
- Torts to Property
- Cause of Action
- Defense of Negligence
- Strict Liability
There are no prerequisites to complete this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.