Small Business Suite
Learn how to be your own boss! This series will give you the information you need to start your own home-based or online business by developing the qualities of successful entrepreneurs. You will receive a step-by-step approach that will help you build a simplified strategy and attract customers with successful marketing techniques on a tight budget. Upon completion, you will have a deep understanding of what it takes to create, build, and maintain a profitable business!
Start and Operate Your Own Home-Based Business
Starting a home-based business is the hottest trend in today's challenging business environment! Learn how to be your own boss and eliminate the stress of having a job. The benefits of working from home are endless! Earn what you deserve, be independent, have tax deductions, do away with traffic, office politics and more! Learn how to develop the entrepreneurial qualities - motivation, discipline, creativity - that you will need to succeed! This class is a great way to start your own business or enhance the one you already have.
Start Your Own Online Business
The Internet has changed the way people communicate and the way businesses operate. It's also made it easier to fulfill your dreams of creating and building a business from the convenience of your own home. In this course, you'll learn how to develop a digital or traditional product or service and build a website to sell and deliver that product online. The course outlines a step-by-step approach that's easy to follow—from building a simplified strategy to branding your business. From start to finish, you'll gain an understanding of what it takes to create, build, and maintain a profitable online business!
Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
When it comes to marketing for a small business, money isn't everything! In this course, you'll learn how to use the same marketing tricks the big companies employ—without making a big dent in your wallet. As you build your own customized marketing plan step-by-step, you'll discover how to attract your target audiences, entice customers to buy your product or service, and keep buyers coming back for more. You'll master cost-effective strategies including strategic partnerships, local marketing, search engine optimization, social networking, email marketing, lead generation, and niche marketing. In addition, you'll find out how to generate the referrals that are key to your company's success. You'll get tips on evaluating your tactics, tracking your results, and fine-tuning your approach so that it gets better every year. Best of all, the small business marketing strategies you'll learn will fit into any budget—and some are even free!
Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
- Start and Operate Your Own Home-Based Business
- Introduction to Home-Based Businesses
- Selecting a Business
- Names, Logos, and Legal Protections
- Zoning, Licenses, Permits, and Insurance
- The Business Plan
- Creating a Marketing Plan
- Sales Techniques
- Banking, Record Keeping, and Taxes
- Setting Up Your Home Office
- Organize Your Business for Success
- Your Professional Image
- Balancing Business and Family
- Start Your Own Online Business
- Build a Foundation for Your Online Business
- Create a Digital-Ready Business Brand
- Build and Optimize a Product
- Develop and Launch an Engaging Website
- Set up Your Online Selling Process
- Install a Digital Communication Network
- Your Email Management System
- Socialize Your Online Business
- Build Multiple Online Lead Streams
- Using Video to Grow Your Online Business
- Create an Online Partnership Program
- Implement an Online Support Center
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
- Creating a Marketing Strategy
- Getting Customers to Notice You
- Leveraging Others
- Creating a Website Designed to Sell
- Driving People to Your Website
- Finding Leads and Encouraging Sales
- Encouraging Repeat Business and Referrals
- Understanding Projections and Timing
- Targeting Your Marketing
- Creating Your Key Selling Messages
- Setting Your Goals and Finalizing Your Marketing Plan
- Tracking Your Results
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Helene K. Liatsos
Helene K. Liatsos is business advisor and QuickBooks Certified Advisor with more than 25 years of experience. She consults for a range of companies, from travel agencies to startups. Her company Home Office Management Experts was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Helene holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Brad Semp, Ph.D., is Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at a global corporation, a life-long entrepreneur, and a former professor of Bachelors and Masters of Science courses in Internet Marketing. Dr. Brad is active on social media platforms to engage with prospects and customers, expand relationships, and to grow businesses. He routinely coaches other entrepreneurs and business owners and consults with Fortune 500 organizations on how to design and implement effective social media systems, strategies, and tactics.
Glynns Thomas has more than 20 years of advertising and marketing experience. She was a Vice President of Internet Marketing at Wells Fargo Bank and has worked for several well-known advertising agencies. Today, Thomas is an independent marketing consultant and a volunteer with SCORE: Counselors to America's Small Business, providing marketing advice to small businesses.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.