Publish and Sell Your E-Books
Turn your manuscript into an e-book and make money doing it. This course will take you step-by-step through publishing your own e-books and building your writer's platform or brand, to be successful selling them.
If you can use a word processor, have a book written (or have an idea for one), and want to see your name in print, you just might have what it takes to succeed in self-publishing.
This course introduces you to everything you need to know to do a professional job of turning your manuscript into a book that will help you make money on the Internet, whether you want to self-publish a novel, a nonfiction book, or a picture book. You will learn how to format your e-book and get it ready to sell through bookstores like Amazon and Apple. By the end of the course, you could have your e-book published in over 100 countries worldwide and available to libraries and book clubs.
This course and its follow-up Introduction to Writing Markets, take you step-by-step through publishing your own e-books and building your writer's platform or brand, to be successful selling them. Take the first step to publishing success, and sign up today.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any type of word processor can be used in the initial manuscript set-up. However, Microsoft Word for Windows is used as the example (not included in enrollment).
- Two additional types of software, Sigil and Calibre, available free online, are used in the actual conversion to e-book formats.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Linda Aksomitis has a master's degree in adult vocational/technical education, with a minor in English. She has published 25 books for readers of all ages (fiction and nonfiction), including numerous e-books, and she has a few thousand publications in newspapers, magazines, and on the Internet. She's been an acquisitions editor for an e-publisher, webmaster of half a dozen websites, managing editor and webmaster for an Internet magazine, and she maintains two active blogs. Linda traces all of her publishing success to the Internet and the contacts she's made in cyberspace.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.