Photoshop Elements for the Digital Photographer II
Gain confidence and take your skills in Photoshop Elements to the next level. This course is packed with hands-on activities and step-by-step instructions to help you master editing and enhancing images using Photoshop Elements.
If you've taken the first Photoshop Elements for the Digital Photographer course, or if you have a basic working knowledge of Photoshop Elements, this course will help you take your skills to the next level. You'll gain ability and confidence as you master the advanced features of this software, specifically designed for photo enthusiasts. Packed with hands-on activities and step-by-step instructions, this course will make you an accomplished editor.
Photoshop Elements gives you room to grow while allowing you to create exciting effects right from the beginning. Because it offers you more features and tools than you'll find in simpler programs, it broadens the options available to you as an amateur photographer. With the techniques you'll learn here, you'll be able to edit and enhance your photos with ease, and you'll have the power to transform any shot from "okay" to "wow!".
You should feel comfortable acquiring digital images, either with a digital camera, a device such as a cell phone or tablet, or a scanned image. Basic computer skills, such as creating and accessing folders, and downloading and saving files will be briefly reviewed in this course, but should be familiar to you.
This course uses the Windows version of Photoshop Elements to demonstrate the software. In the vast majority of cases the Mac version is identical or very similar. Windows and Mac keystrokes and menus are included in the course material and any significant differences are noted in the materials.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements version 14 or later (not included in enrollment). This includes all year-labeled versions, such as Photoshop Elements 2022. The course will use version 2021 for demonstration with notes and instructions for significant changes in other versions, although these are very minor.
- For Photoshop Elements 2022, see: System requirements | Photoshop Elements.
- For Photoshop Elements 2021 and earlier, see: System requirements | Older Versions.
- This course is written using the Windows version of the software. The Mac version is nearly identical, and keyboard and command changes are included in the course material.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Photoshop Elements must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Beverly Richards Schulz
Beverly Richards Schulz is an award-winning photographer and graduate of the New York Institute of Photography. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies from UC Berkeley and a master's degree in Adult and Continuing Education. For the past 10 years, Schulz has taught at the University of San Francisco. With more than 15 years teaching experience, she has written over 30 digital photography and digital editing courses. She co-authored the book "Photoshop Elements 14—What's New?"
Eric Johnson is an experienced digital photographer and editor. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Education (emphases on Computer Science) from Oregon State University and a Master's in Business Administration from Seattle University. Eric has worked for major software and computer corporations, freelance photography and editing services, and has been working with Beverly Schulz teaching ed2go photography courses since 2004. He is her co-author on "Photoshop Elements 14 - What's New?"
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Arts & DesignInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Arts & Design
Introduction to Interior DesignInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Arts & Design
Secrets of Better PhotographyInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$100