Microsoft Excel and Project 2019 Suite
Learn how you can use Microsoft Excel 2019 and Microsoft Project 2019 to better manage budgets, schedules, and timelines in the course suite. Discover dozens of shortcuts and tricks that will increase your efficiency; learn to effectively plan, implement, and control projects with schedules, cost trackers, and reports; and master advanced features that will have you using Microsoft Excel and Project like a pro.
Many businesses rely on spreadsheets to manage budgets, schedules, and tracking. This course will teach you how use Microsoft Excel 2019 and Microsoft Project 2019.
Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019
Learn to quickly and efficiently use Microsoft Excel 2019 as you discover dozens of shortcuts and tricks for setting up fully formatted worksheets. This course, taught by an experience Microsoft Excel instructor, provides in-depth knowledge for beginners that will have you using Excel like a pro.
Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019
Master new skills and harness the power of Excel to become a power user. This hands-on course provides in-depth knowledge of charts, graphs, PivotTables, Slicers, Sparklines, AutoFilter, macros, and other advanced Microsoft Excel 2019 functions.
Advanced Microsoft Excel 2019
In this hands-on course, you will learn Microsoft Excel 2019's advanced functions and often-overlooked features, including data analysis tools, data tables and databases, custom controls, and PivotTables.
Introduction to Microsoft Project 2019/Office 365
Learn to effectively plan, implement, and control projects using Microsoft Project 2019/Office 365. This course will help you master the basics to create and share a project schedule, track costs and resources, produce reports, and resolve problems to keep your projects on track.
Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019
- Excel Basics
- Creating a Worksheet
- Relative, Absolute, Mixed, and Circular References
- Three-Dimensional Workbooks
- Sorting, Subtotaling, and Filtering
- Charting Basics
- Advanced Charting Techniques
- Intro to Excel's Statistical Functions
- Financial Functions
- Worksheet Automation
- Mastering Excel's IF Function
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019
- Excel Charts and Graphs
- More Excel Charts
- AutoFilter and Sorting
- Goal Seeking
- Pivot Tables
- Advanced PivotTables
- Introduction to Functions
- Math/Trig Functions
- VLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH Functions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel 2019
- Customizing Excel
- Table Management
- Data Validation
- Custom Controls
- Conditional Formatting
- Consolidating and Outlining
- Excel Functions and Nesting
- Import External Data
- Data Tables
- What-If Analysis Tools
- Advanced PivotTables
- Analysis ToolPak, Advanced Filter, Array Formulas, and More!
- Introduction to Microsoft Project 2019/Office 365
- Overview of Microsoft Project
- Creating a Solid Foundation
- Creating and Managing Resources
- Defining and Assigning Costs
- Project Templates, Security, and Constraints
- Working With Views and Managing Information
- Fine-Tuning Your Project Plan
- Baselines and Tracking
- Managing Variances
- Closing Your Project
- Printing Views
- Using and Creating Reports
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Microsoft Project 2019 (not included in enrollment).
- Microsoft Excel 2019: Available to download with a subscription to Microsoft 365, or with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019. (not included in enrollment)
- *Note: The "Starter Version" and "Web App" versions of Microsoft Excel will not work with the full version of Excel taught in this course.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Chad Wambolt has spent his entire professional career in the finance field, working for both private and publicly-held companies with sales ranging from $500 million to $3 billion. He is a graduate of Boise State University, where he obtained his bachelor's degree in accounting. Through the course of his career, Wambolt became an expert user of Microsoft Excel. Since 1997, he has taught Excel to students of varying skill levels and helped organizations streamline internal processes.
Kathy Van Pelt
Kathy Van Pelt has taught computer courses at a community college for the past 25 years. She specializes in Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive and Google Applications, the Windows and Mac operating systems, and keyboarding. She spent seven years teaching word processing and business classes at a private business college and loves being in the ever-evolving educational field.
Tony Swaim has helped many clients, colleagues, and students reach their professional and personal goals. He has been an online instructor since 1998 and has taught at colleges and universities across the United States since 1981. His focus areas are project management, Six Sigma, and supply chain management. Tony manages a successful consulting firm, and his industry experience includes 20 years of supply chain management. He earned a Doctorate in Business Administration from Kennesaw State University and holds professional certifications in six disciplines, including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)® from the American Society for Quality (ASQ)®.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.