Become faster and more confident at the keyboard. This course will help you learn how to touch-type the alphabetic, numeric, and symbol keys; create, save, and edit word processing documents; and successfully take a timed writing test during a job interview.
If you want to learn touch-typing or improve your existing typing skills, this is the perfect course for you! In these lessons, you'll use the Keyboarding Pro 5 program, a typing tutorial designed for personal computers, to learn how to touch-type—that is, to type text you read from a printed page or a computer screen without looking at your keyboard.
With the skills you master here, you'll become faster and more confident at the keyboard. By the end of the course, you'll know how to touch-type the alphabetic, numeric, and symbol keys; create, save, and edit word processing documents; and successfully take a timed writing test during a job interview.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Mac, Chromebooks, Surface, and all other tablets are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- When the class starts, you'll receive instructions for downloading and installing a working copy of Keyboarding Pro 5. Please do not purchase or download the software from another source.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Kathy Van Pelt
Kathy Van Pelt has taught computer courses at a community college for the past 25 years. She specializes in Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive and Google Applications, the Windows and Mac operating systems, and keyboarding. She spent seven years teaching word processing and business classes at a private business college and loves being in the ever-evolving educational field.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.