Introduction to Java Programming
Get comfortable programming with Java while gaining skills from an experienced Java programmer. This course provides you with easy-to-understand examples and plenty of skill-building exercises using the latest version of Java to give you confidence as you learn programming.
Build your knowledge and confidence with easy-to-understand examples and plenty of skill-building exercises. So, whether you just want to try it out to see if you like it or plan on doing more with Java, this is a great place to start!
This course uses the latest release of Java, from Oracle, the company that maintains and supports the language. You will also learn how to use BlueJ, a graphical development environment designed especially for students. Both are free and open-source products and you will receive instructions on how to download and install them. By the time you're done, you will be comfortable with Java programming and ready for more!
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Linux can also be used.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- The most recent versions of the Java Development Kit (JDK) and BlueJ. Download and installation instructions will be available in the course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Alan Simpson is an award-winning author, having published over 100 books on computers and the Internet. His books have been published in over a dozen language worldwide. He has covered virtually all aspects of the computer industry, including web development, operating systems, programming, networking, and security. As a seasoned veteran of the computer industry, he is widely regarded as a computer and Internet guru.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Computer ScienceInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Computer Science
Creating Web PagesInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Computer Science
Introduction to Visual BasicInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115