Introduction to the Medical Laboratory
Learn key skills needed to become a medical laboratory professional and play a vital role in the healthcare system.
This course will introduce you to working in a medical laboratory. You will learn how to perform common tests in each laboratory department, as well as specimen collection, handling, and processing. You will gain also key skills for working with laboratory instruments and computer systems and how they work with laboratory professionals to improve quality and efficiency.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Lynda Kelly, MT (ASCP), has eighteen years' experience working and managing various medical laboratories in hospitals, physician offices, and reference laboratories. Her expertise spans microbiology, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, and urinalysis testing. She also has experience with regulatory agency compliance, safety in the laboratory, policy and procedure writing and training employees. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science and a Master of Business in Communications.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Health & FitnessInstructor-Led | Certificate34 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced | Certificate34 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$198
- Health & Fitness
Handling Medical EmergenciesInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Health & Fitness
Pain Management and End of Life BundleInstructor-Led33 Course Hours$159