Introduction to Microsoft Word 2019
Learn to create professional-looking letters, reports, and documents using Microsoft Word 2019. This hands-on course will help you master the basic features of this powerful word-processing program to type, edit, and format text, and spell check and print documents like a pro.
Across all industries, the ability to create documents in a word processor is essential in day-to-day functions. From writing reports to Knowing how to use Microsoft Word, the most widely-used word processing program, adds an important skill set to your professional profile.
This course will introduce you to the 2019 version of Microsoft Word. You will learn the basics of Word 2019 needed to write and edit text and to create, format, and organize documents. By the time you're done with these hands-on activities, you will be able to use Word confidently at home or on the job.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word 2019 (desktop version) available with the desktop version of Microsoft 365, or Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 (not included in enrollment)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Wallace Wang is the author of over 40 computer books including "Microsoft Office 2019 For Dummies." In addition to writing computer books, he has also co-authored "Breaking Into Acting for Dummies" and ghost written several books about investing in real estate, day trading stocks, and becoming an entrepreneur. Some of his past jobs have included teaching computer science courses at the University of Zimbabwe, performing stand-up comedy, and appearing on a weekly radio show.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.