Intermediate Microsoft Word 2019
Use Microsoft Word 2019 more efficiently by mastering its more advanced features. This hands-on course will teach you how to create an index, build a list of figures, design a table of contents, perform a mail merge, and use timesaving shortcuts to develop professional documents.
If you create business documents like letters, brochures, or newsletters, you know that their quality is representative of your organization. To create professional-quality documents efficiently and effectively, you have to use advanced word processing functions. This online course will teach you how to use Microsoft Word 2019, the newest version of Microsoft's widely-used word processing software.
Through hands-on lessons and modules, you will learn how to use a number of shortcuts and time-saving techniques to create complex documents. By the end of the course, you will know how to create and organize tables, manipulate graphics, and merge spreadsheets, amongst other functions, to turn Word into a simple desktop publishing tool.
Completion of Introduction to Microsoft Word 2019 or basic familiarity with Microsoft Word's word processing and editing.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word 2019 (desktop version) available to download with the desktop version of Microsoft 365, or Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 (not included in enrollment)
- Note: The "Starter Version" and "Web App" versions of Microsoft will not work with the full version taught in this course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Wallace Wang is the author of over 40 computer books including "Microsoft Office 2019 For Dummies." In addition to writing computer books, he has also co-authored "Breaking Into Acting for Dummies" and ghost written several books about investing in real estate, day trading stocks, and becoming an entrepreneur. Some of his past jobs have included teaching computer science courses at the University of Zimbabwe, performing stand-up comedy, and appearing on a weekly radio show.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Computer ApplicationsInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$129
- Computer Applications
Introduction to Windows 10Instructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Computer Applications
Microsoft Word BasicsSelf-Paced3 Course Hours | 12 Weeks$79