Introduction to Guitar
Master basic guitar skills and become the musician you've always wanted to be.
Learn to play guitar, and become the musician you've always wanted to be! In these fun and informative lessons, you'll build basic guitar skills step-by-step with the help of hands-on exercises, audio and video recordings, and detailed illustrations.
The classical guitar skills you'll master in this course will allow you to play any style of music, from hard rock to country-and-western. Good guitar players know that the secret to making beautiful music is to practice, practice, practice—so that's what you'll do. You'll make rapid progress as you follow a carefully planned practice schedule that reinforces each new skill you learn. Whether you're a beginner or an intermediate student, this course will take your musical talent to the next level. By the time you're finished, you'll be well on your way to becoming a skilled guitar player.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- You will need a guitar in good working condition and an adjustable footstool for correct positioning. It's advisable to purchase a metronome for developing your rhythm skills and a music stand so you can practice in a correct playing position.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Edward Burns has an extensive musical background as a professional performer, instructor, composer, and recording artist. He has published two guitar methods and composed several guitar technique studies designed to develop specific skills. Burns has also taught guitar and music theory courses for colleges, music academies, and conservatories.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Arts & DesignInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$100
- Arts & Design
UI/UX DesignInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Arts & Design
Introduction to InDesign CCInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115