A to Z Grant Writing Series
This online course bundle provides students with hands-on experience and knowledge about writing grants, fundraising, and organizing a grant writing campaign. Obtain a comprehensive understanding of grant writing fundamentals and learn strategies you can apply to get your proposal funded, help your current organization, or enter the in-demand field of grant consulting.
A to Z Grant Writing
In this course you walk through the process of finding and writing a grant application. Using a Theory of Change process, you will learn to engage stakeholders in framing a grant application and prepare a grant application draft of your choice step-by-step. In doing so, you will discover what grant funders look for in an application by reviewing pieces of your peers' grant proposals to provide and receive feedback. Additional features include six teachable moments videos, and six choose your own adventure branching scenarios.
A to Z Grant Writing II: Beyond the Basics
Are you ready to continue your journey into the world of grants? You'll learn how to create a fundraising plan for all types of grant makers. In addition, you'll explore websites for finding and reviewing corporate, foundation, and government grant funding opportunities and grant application guidelines.
Series bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Series bundles. Courses should be taken two months apart to avoid overlapping.
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Grant Writer Roles
- Grant Funding Research
- Grant Writing Planning Process
- Introduction to Peer Review and Constructive Feedback
- Executive Summary
- Statement of Need for Funding
- Benefit to the Target Population
- Project Goals and Measurable Objectives
- Evidence-Based Solutions to Address the Need
- Funding Outcomes and Evaluation
- Developing a Project Budget
- A to Z Grant Writing II - Beyond the Basics
- The Fundraising Plan
- Before You Begin Writing
- Strategic Grant Writing
- Budgeting 101
- Arts and Humanities Grants
- Education Grants
- Medical, Science, and Agriculture Grants
- Human Services Grants
- Corporate Foundation Grants
- New Grantmaking Trends
- I Didn't Get That Grant—Now What?
- I Got That Grant—Now What?
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Dr. Beverly A. Browning
Dr. Beverly A. Browning is a grant writing consultant and visionary who leverages her thought leadership experience to help nonprofit organizations overcome their struggles with revenue stream imbalances.
Beverly has researched grant funding, grantmaking trends, and board-related barriers to nonprofit capacity building for over 40 years. She is also the founder and director of the Grant Writing Training Foundation and Bev Browning, LLC, and to date has helped her clients win over $500 million in grant awards and contracts.
Beverly is the author of 42 grant-related publications, including six editions of Grant Writing for Dummies. She has taught for ed2go for 20 years.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- BusinessInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
Professional Sales SkillsInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
Marketing Your NonprofitInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115