Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
Take the second step toward becoming a CompTIA A+ certified tech by mastering virtualization, multifunction devices, three flavors of Windows, plus macOS and Linux operating systems.
This online Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course will teach you how to install, organize, maintain, and troubleshoot three different versions of Windows, plus explore similar features in macOS and Linux. You will examine and compare the features and structures of Windows 7, 8/8.1, and 10. Toward the end of the course, you will get a deeper understanding of virtualization and virtual machines in modern networks. Plus, you will learn about printers and multifunction devices, from the various technologies in use to installing and troubleshooting. This course takes you through the second of three steps you need to become both a highly-competent PC tech and a CompTIA A+ certified technician, using the 1001 and 1002 competencies.
Successful completion of the Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course.
- Access to a PC running Windows is required.
- Access to a Mac running macOS (in addition to the PC) is recommended.
- You should have access to a hard drive that you can install, format, and partition, and to a couple of Plug and Play devices that you can practice installing. Because of the dangers of electro-static discharge (to the machine), you are not required to tear apart your own primary computer.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
David Rush has been an IT instructor and expert for over 35 years with degrees in Physics and Electrical Engineering. He has been the senior instructor for the industry leader in CompTIA certification books, videos, and learning tools for the past 11 years.
In this capacity, Dave has taught computer technology, A+, and Network+ to the FBI, DEA, CIA, and other federal law enforcement agencies. He also creates train-the-trainer courses and materials for educational institutions. He conducts weekly, live online seminars on using Raspberry Pi computers and Linux as tools to foster studies toward CompTIA certifications.
In addition to his involvement in IT instruction, Dave has had a wide and varied career, including time as an airline pilot with U.S. and international airlines.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.