Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
Learn to work on common computer hardware and showcase your skills with a Basic CompTIA A+ Certification. This course teaches the inner workings of the computer as well as how to configure and troubleshoot in real-world environments with hands-on practice.
Time to roll up those sleeves and dive inside the personal computer. This online Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course will teach you about the hardware common to virtually every personal computer, including microprocessors, RAM, power supplies, motherboards, UEFI/BIOS, the system setup utility, the expansion bus, and input/output devices. You will learn how things work, how to configure everything, and how to troubleshoot in real-world environments. This course gives you the knowledge to base the rest of your CompTIA A+ certification studies for the 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- It's also recommended that you have a PC that you can take apart and put back together again. Because of the dangers of electro-static discharge (to the machine, not to you), you are not required to tear apart your own primary computer. This is, however, a class that trains you to be a hardware technician - having a machine to play with greatly helps your learning.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
David Rush has been an IT instructor and expert for over 35 years with degrees in Physics and Electrical Engineering. He has been the senior instructor for the industry leader in CompTIA certification books, videos, and learning tools for the past 11 years.
In this capacity, Dave has taught computer technology, A+, and Network+ to the FBI, DEA, CIA, and other federal law enforcement agencies. He also creates train-the-trainer courses and materials for educational institutions. He conducts weekly, live online seminars on using Raspberry Pi computers and Linux as tools to foster studies toward CompTIA certifications.
In addition to his involvement in IT instruction, Dave has had a wide and varied career, including time as an airline pilot with U.S. and international airlines.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Test PrepInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$100
- Test Prep
Prepare for the GED® TestInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115
- Test Prep
ASE Technician Test Preparation 2.0 (TTP2): Automotive Manual Drive Trains and Axles (A3)Self-Paced7 Course Hours | 52 Weeks$30