Advanced CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
Finish your CompTIA A+ Certification Prep by learning how to select, install, and service video, sound, and portable computers, and how to network, secure, and troubleshoot.
The Advanced CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course focuses on fun technology. You'll learn everything you need to know to select, install, and service video, sound, and portable computers. The course teaches networking, both wired and wireless, because every well-rounded tech needs to know it. You'll dive in to all things security. Plus you'll get excellent insight into adding mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones to your computing environment. The Advanced course completes the three-course CompTIA A+ Certification Exam Prep cycle and prepares you for both the 1001/1002 exams and for real life as a tech.
Successful completion of the Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep and Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep courses.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- A Windows PC that you can experiment on. You will probably want to remove/install various devices, such as video, sound, and modems. Because of the dangers of electro-static discharge (to the machine), you aren't required to tear apart your own primary computer.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
David Rush has been an IT instructor and expert for over 35 years with degrees in Physics and Electrical Engineering. He has been the senior instructor for the industry leader in CompTIA certification books, videos, and learning tools for the past 11 years.
In this capacity, Dave has taught computer technology, A+, and Network+ to the FBI, DEA, CIA, and other federal law enforcement agencies. He also creates train-the-trainer courses and materials for educational institutions. He conducts weekly, live online seminars on using Raspberry Pi computers and Linux as tools to foster studies toward CompTIA certifications.
In addition to his involvement in IT instruction, Dave has had a wide and varied career, including time as an airline pilot with U.S. and international airlines.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.