Learn the rules for working with color in UI design projects.
Color plays an important role in visual communication, especially when designing websites. For web designers, understanding color theory is a key to creating a color palette for UI/UX projects. This self-paced course will teach you the fundamentals of color theory and how to apply this framework to your web design practice.
What you will learn
- About the traditional color wheel and explore color in Adobe Illustrator
- About relationships between colors and how to create a color "feel"
- Basic color theory principles
- About considerations for print and web
- To create a color palette for your project
How you will benefit
- Master the basics color theory in a completely online environment
- Expand your web design skills to UI/UX
- Perfect your use of color in your design projects
- Color Wheel
- Explore a Live Color Wheel
- Saturation, Hues and Shades
- Exploring Shades and Tints Using Adobe Illustrator
- Value of the Hue
- Explore a Color Using Photoshop
- Color Scheme
Building an Efficient Color Theme
Work with Client Color Plans
Color Theory Principles
Work with Color Principles
Print or Screen
Choose Colors for Different Audience Types
Scope of Project
Create Color Palette
Mechanics of a Color Scheme
Creating an Electronic Color Scheme
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Recommended: Though they are not strictly required, you will get the most out of this course if you have Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator installed on your computer. These tools are not included with the course.
- Adobe Photoshop (not included in enrollment)
- Adobe Illustrator (not included in enrollment)
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.