Become a Veterinary Assistant II: Canine Reproduction
Learn the principles of sound dog breeding from a practicing veterinarian. This course will provide you with the essential facts of the entire canine breeding cycle, from assessing the health of parents to puppy care.
This course is the definitive guide to the principles of sound dog breeding. If you're a veterinary assistant or preparing to become one, this course will help you understand the essential facts so that you can knowledgeably converse with clients on the complexities of canine reproduction.
There are no prerequisites to take this course besides an interest in responsible breeding practices that promote the health of breeding dogs and their puppies.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Jeff Grognet has been a companion animal veterinarian for 25 years. He was a pioneer in the field of veterinary assistant teaching, developing his first course more than 18 years ago. Due to the success of his veterinary receptionist/assistant courses, he expanded his teaching into other high-demand areas including pet first aid and alternative medical therapies for companion animals. He practices at a veterinary hospital and contributes regularly to several magazines.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Health & FitnessInstructor-Led | Certificate14 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced | Certificate14 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$84
- Health & Fitness
Pain Management and End of Life BundleInstructor-Led33 Course Hours$159
- Health & Fitness
Explore a Career in NursingInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$115