ASE Technician Test Preparation 2.0 (TTP2): Automotive Brakes (A5)
Prepare for the ASE Automotive Brakes (A5) exam in an easy, in-depth way. This course provides a three-tiered preparation method designed to give you confidence as you get ready for success on test day.
Are you a technician looking for an easy, yet in-depth way to prepare for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) exams? Our ASE Technician Test Preparation (TTP) Automotive Brakes (A5) course is newly updated and enhanced to ensure those preparing to take an ASE certification exam are even more equipped for success than ever before! Including significant enhancements to content and functionality, this robust online product features all of the necessary components a user needs to successfully prepare for ASE certification. This bilingual product provides both English and Spanish speaking technicians access to preparatory materials delivered in an easy-to-use format, while ensuring learning and retention. A detailed, three-tiered preparatory methodology (Practice, Standard, and Timed testing modes) is designed to ensure users increase confidence not only in answering task-list based questions correctly, but also in gaining test-taking assurance when performing in a simulated, timed exam environment. The Practice mode, the suggested starting preparatory test mode, provides detailed, question level remediation with each question response. This includes answer explanations, links to the relevant task list area(s) being assessed, digitized videos, animations, and full-color, engaging graphics designed to increase learning efficiency. The Standard mode removes the remediation element, and begins to transition the user to ensure comfort in a simulated online test taking environment. The Timed mode simulates most closely the actual ASE exam, where each preparation exam is timed and results achieved are viewed only at the completion of the entire set of questions for each test area.
Available in English and Spanish
- Hydraulic System Diagnosis and Repair
- Drum Brake Diagnosis and Repair
- Disc Brake Diagnosis and Repair
- Power Assist Units Diagnosis and Repair
- Miscellaneous Systems (Pedal Linkage, Wheel Bearings, Parking Brakes, Electrical, etc.) Diagnosis and Repair
- Electronic Brake Control Systems: Antilock Brake System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS), and Electronic Stability Control System (ESC) Diagnosis and Repair
There are no prerequisites prior to enrolling in this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.