Accounting with MS Excel 2019 Suite
As the most widely used spreadsheet software, Microsoft Excel is used by accountants to analyze data, create reports, and prepare forecasts. The Accounting with MS Excel 2019 Suite will help you gain basic accounting skills while training you to effectively use Microsoft Excel 2019. Discover how to create and use worksheets, charts, graphs, and more advanced features of Excel as you learn the double-entry bookkeeping, financial reporting, and other accounting fundamentals used in small to mid-sized companies.
Learning Excel is an important first step toward an accounting career. As the most widely-used spreadsheet software, Microsoft Excel is used by accountants to analyze data, create reports, and prepare forecasts. This online accounting course suite will teach you fundamental accounting skills, while training you to use Microsoft Excel 2019.
Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019:
Become proficient in using Microsoft Excel 2019 (now available through Office 365) and discover how to create worksheets, workbooks, charts, and graphs quickly and efficiently.
Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019:
Take your Microsoft Excel 2019 skills to the next level as you master charts, graphs, PivotTables, Slicers, Sparklines, AutoFilter, macros, and other advanced Excel functions.
Gain a marketable new skill by learning the basics of double-entry bookkeeping, financial reporting, and more.
Accounting Fundamentals II:
Learn the high demand accounting skills needed at small-to-medium sized businesses.
Please complete the courses in the bundle two months apart to avoid overlapping. Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Account Classifications, Account Titles, T Accounts, and the Accounting Equation
- General Ledger Accounts and the Balance Sheet
- Journalizing Transactions and Posting to the General Ledger
- Journalizing and Posting Cash and Charge Purchases and Payments on Account
- Journalizing and Posting Cash and Charge Sales and Cash Received on Account
- Payroll and Various Deductions
- Banking Services and Reports
- Posting Journal Totals to the General Ledger and Schedule of Accounts Payable and Schedule of Accounts Receivable
- End-Of-Year Worksheet
- End-Of-Year Financial Reports
- Journalizing and Posting Adjusting Entries
- Journalizing and Posting Closing Entries and Preparing a Post Closing Trial Balance
- Accounting Fundamentals II
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Uncollectible Accounts Receivable
- Plant Assets and Depreciation
- Notes Payable and Notes Receivable
- Accrued Income and Accrued Expenses
- Dividends and Starting the Year-End Worksheet
- Complete Year-End Worksheet With Adjustments
- End-Of-Fiscal-Period Financial Reports
- Adjusting and Closing Entries and Post Closing Trial Balance
- Preparing a Payroll
- Preparing Federal Tax Deposits and Year-End Tax Reports
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2019
- Excel Charts and Graphs
- More Excel Charts
- AutoFilter and Sorting
- Goal Seeking
- Pivot Tables
- Advanced PivotTables
- Introduction to Functions
- Math/Trig Functions
- VLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH Functions
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2019
- Excel Basics
- Creating a Worksheet
- Relative, Absolute, Mixed, and Circular References
- Three-Dimensional Workbooks
- Sorting, Subtotaling, and Filtering
- Charting Basics
- Advanced Charting Techniques
- Intro to Excel's Statistical Functions
- Financial Functions
- Worksheet Automation
- Mastering Excel's IF Function
There are no prerequisites to take this series.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Microsoft Excel 2019 (desktop version) Available to download with a subscription to Microsoft 365, or with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019. (not included in enrollment)
- Note: The "Starter Version" and "Web App" versions of Microsoft Excel will not work with the full version of Excel taught in this course.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
about the instructor
Chad Wambolt has spent his entire professional career in the finance field, working for both private and publicly-held companies with sales ranging from $500 million to $3 billion. He is a graduate of Boise State University, where he obtained his bachelor's degree in accounting. Through the course of his career, Wambolt became an expert user of Microsoft Excel. Since 1997, he has taught Excel to students of varying skill levels and helped organizations streamline internal processes.
Nancy Koenig is an experienced industry professional with over 40 years in the workforce, including decades in finance. Nancy has worked in various finance roles in banking, insurance, and a hospital billing office. For the last 27 years of her career, she was an administrative assistant at a technical school, which involved running and overseeing the entire budget, amongst other duties. Nancy has also held part-time jobs as a bookkeeper for an auto parts store and a cable company, where she used QuickBooks computerized software. Over the past several years, she has also co-taught the Accounting Fundamentals and Accounting Fundamentals II courses with Charlene Messier.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- Computer ApplicationsInstructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$129
- Computer Applications
Advanced Microsoft Excel 2019Instructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$129
- Computer Applications
Introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2019Instructor-Led24 Course Hours | 6 WeeksSelf-Paced24 Course Hours | 13 Weeks$129